Monday, October 22, 2012

You Said It!

Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life.  I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have --- life itself.          
--Walter Anderson  


Clair's sister says, 
"He has basically lost the use of all body parts.
  He can still feed himself, but barely,  
He cannot even turn over in bed by himself. 
 But he always has a smile for everyone."


"Sometimes it is the very things we despise about our lives
 and try to 'wish away'
that God is using to show Himself strong."


"There are two ways to live your life.
  One is as though nothing is a miracle.
  The other is as though everything is a miracle."


"Love is that condition in which
 the happiness of another person
 is essential to your own."


"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; 
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."


"I've got nothing to do today but smile."


"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness
 and just be happy."


"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. 
 Maybe it's about stringing together all the little things."


"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."


"I may not have gone where I intended to go, 
but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."

Buddy Walk pictures courtesy of S&A Photography

1 comment:

Me ;-) said...

I love the perspective on this post!