Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Perfect Love



He was a brilliant scholar, an Air Force pilot, an FBI agent.  He accepted nothing less than perfection.  In his eyes, Trisomy 21 was not the picture of perfection.  It was not part of his plan for a perfect life.

Never underestimate the power of love to change lives.

This clip is 14 minutes long, but please take the time to watch it.  I think you'll be glad you did.

It is a story that rings true because I've been there.  I know both the grief and the healing. I've lived the metamorphosis from denial to epiphany, and have been likewise overtaken by the compelling urge to share the journey.

It is a gentle transformation of dynamic proportions in which perfect love arises out of imperfection.

And when I see the tremendous power of feeble human love, I am able to visualize for the first time how very much greater is the power of God the Father's redeeming love for us, His imperfect children.

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.
                                                                                                                                          John 3:16-17

I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 
                                                                                                                                          Romans 8:38

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A touching story of God's love. I caught myself thinking, "Do I know a child with Downs?" That also shows that when we love, handicaps melt away and they are not what sticks in the mind. Only love is left. Our church family has been blessed so many times by Wade and your family. Your acceptance is beautiful. We love y'all, Bonita

Unknown said...

Myers

Me ;-) said...

Wow! That was amazing! I agree with Tim, truly God's love! Also, I could relate to Heath on so many levels (my husband is also a military man who loves to run and who's absolutely in love with his little girl).

Thank you for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

My grandaughter has Down Syndrome. At first I was questioning God as to why he hadn't made her perfect which he could have done so easily, but He quickly let me know that in His eyes, she IS perfect. I love her so much and just ache when others don't treat her as she deserves to be treated, but I trust God that all will be well with her. Thank you for your story. Miss Paisley is lucky to have such loving, devoted parents and you are blessed to have her.