Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Love At Its Finest


Today we want to celebrate the life of a little girl whose tiny hands held the world and made it a better place to be.

On what would have been her 3rd birthday, we remember her tenderly with hearts full of love.

Christine Janelle Hobbs
October 13, 2007 - February 19, 2009


And as a tribute to parents everywhere who have loved and lost, I want to present a very beautiful writing from a mother who also journeyed unexpectedly and loved unreservedly. Dr. Beth Harry captures the essence of a love that brings out the very best within us in her eloquent book Melanie: Bird with a Broken Wing: A Mother's Story. She has graciously given me permission to share with you her poem "Melanie".


little girl
you blew my world apart
when you appeared
defying
with your intense fragility
my clean-cut classic image
of motherhood

but when you fixed those bright black
ackee-eyes on me
and clutched my heart with all your might
I knew
that it was sink or swim
for both of us

and so it was that we swam against the tide
at one in strength and one in inspiration

until you died
and blew my world apart
again


No comments: