Friday, October 18, 2013

That Wasn't Quite What I Meant


Thursday morning, 3:15 a.m.  I see a light in the living room and go out to investigate.  Wade is sitting in the rocker reading Curious George.  I remind him that it's still night (see, it's dark outside!) and he agreeably lets me tuck him back in bed. (Go to sleep and stay in bed until a more appropriate time, please.)

Thursday evening.  I tuck Wade in bed.  The next day is a school field trip.  I tell him to stay in bed all night.  "If you wake up and it's still dark outside, just go back to sleep."  He agrees sweetly.

Friday morning.  Randall comes out to the kitchen.  "Mom, why in the world was the front porch light on at 6:00 this morning?"

Oh.  Guess I should have been more specific about what "still dark outside" means.

No comments: