Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Evolving Before Our Eyes


Wade has been quite proud of being a big boy for some time now, so I was a bit astonished to hear this conversation with Grandma.
Grandma:  Come along, little man.
Wade (indignantly):  I'm not a little man!  I'm a woman!
Several days later Wade mumbled something about a woman.  I didn't catch what he said, so I asked him to repeat.
Wade:  Mumble, mumble, mumble...Woman!
Me:  What about a woman?
Wade:  Mumble, mumble, mumble, mumble...Woman!
Me:  Are you a woman?
Wade:  No!!  Mommy--woman!  Christopher--camel!  I'm an angel!  
(!!!!)

It's evolution happening before our eyes! I remember only a few years ago when he thought he was a monkey. He seems to be advancing through the evolutionary process much faster than the rest of us. And notice the steps of progression:
  monkey (camel)...
 man...
woman...
angel!!!

And all I've got to say about that is

I'm already in the third stage!
  

The angel wipes the tears of the camel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.