Thursday, July 26, 2007

There's Always A Reason

Dad: Randall, did you feed the puppies this afternoon?

Randall: Yes.

Dad: Then why was their water bowl bone dry when I came home?

Randall: I don’t know.

Dad: If you gave them water then why were they so thirsty when I filled their bowl?

Randall (emphatically): I don’t know! I did give them water!

Dad: You’re going to have to come up with a good reason to make me believe that.

Randall (desperately): Maybe it evaporated.

At this point Christopher (who has been absorbed in a book and apparently ignoring this whole conversation) suddenly says offhandedly to no one in particular: Oh, I emptied the bowl.

Dad (sternly): Christopher, you don’t dump out the dogs’ water!

Christopher: Well, that was after I finished washing my fingers.

Dad: You washed your hands in the dogs’ dish?

Christopher: Randall told me to! (Long pause, then sorrowfully) And that is not a pleasant thing to do.

--The Lady

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little fella. My son, Cameron, is 22 months with DS. He just had his heart surgery on July 18th, sooo glad that is over. If you have a chance, look at our website: www.downsyndromeofscky.com and see pics of Cameron.
I have really enjoyed your blog and am adding to my favorites! God Bless