Monday, October 21, 2013

Green Gloves, Shel Silverstein, and Parenting



  Exhausted by Friday's field trip....  


...but ready for early therapy and school again on Monday,
green gloves included.  

Which somehow reminds me of this:

When the light is green you go.
When the light is red you stop.
But what do you do
When the light turns blue
With orange and lavender spots?
                                              --Shel Silverstein

And that just may be the best illustration of parenting I have ever seen.  I know exactly what that blue traffic light with spots looks like.  

And then what do you do?  Well, you go up 'til it's clue and then open the box on the dots.*  **

  *Which being interpreted means "I don't know either."
** Which reminds me of my favorite blue spotted light moment ever.


                                   

No comments: